Certification Courses — Following completion of ABI, ABII, ATI and ATII
Aston-Patterning® Certification Training
The Aston-Patterning Certification Training Program includes advanced levels of instruction in:
- The Aston® Paradigm
- Neuro-Kinetics – movement education
- Myo-Kinetics – a specialized form of myofascial release
- Ergonomics and Advanced massage techniques
- Fitness applications
The program: 84-days long, scheduled in six phases over 30 months, allowing the student to apply and practice the techniques in their work situations.
After completion of the program, the practitioner will be able to address a wide range of specialized interests, i.e.; working with athletes, musicians, seniors, coaching for people with physical limitations – by using their Aston-Patterning assessment, bodywork, movement and fitness skills.
Certification Courses - Following completion of ATI and ATII
Aston® Movement Certification:
The program 54-days long, scheduled in four sections over 23 months, allowing the student to apply and practice the techniques in their work situations.
you will learn:
- Aston-Mechanics® a “new math” for body use in rest, action and play
- How to teach movement to individuals or to groups
- How to breakdown simple to complex actions
- How to uniquely problem-solve to client’s interests/needs
- How to apply these skills to specific exercises
- How to design a full ad continuing series of movement sessions unique to each client
- How to use 3-D touch and body-mapping of client
- How to identify hyper/hypo-tonicity patterns to save your body from injury to make each body technique more powerful
- Aston® Fitness for toning and loosening, as well as, modifying client's exercises at home and in the gym
Aston® Fitness Certification: Stretching, Toning, Cardio, Horizontal Loosening, and Vertical Loosening
The program: 25-days long, scheduled in five, five-day sections, allowing the student to apply and practice the techniques throughout their training.
Aston Fitness Training (AFT) is one of the most sophisticated fitness training programs available. Judith Aston developed this program recognizing the number of individuals needing corrective work for pain and injuries resulting from conventional exercise programs and equipment. AFT facilitates the whole body in achieving and maintaining appropriate proportions, muscle tone, joint resiliency, flexibility and cardiovascular conditioning.
Aston® for Pilates Certification (for Pilates Instructors)
The program: 18-day certification, offered in two phases, plus an evaluation.
Phase I: 8 days – floor and mat exercises.
Phase II: 8 days – Pilates Equipment, plus evaluation of 2 days.
The Aston/Pilates certification program offers:
- Introduction to the Aston® system of palpation to assess hypo/hyper tone mobility patterns
- Training in teaching, modifying, creating new movement patterns specific to individual current need or limitation
- Application of these lessons to both Pilates floorwork and equipment
- Advance the teaching of basic actions: stance, gait, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling skills into more complex applications as the basis for education of private clients and groups
- Supervision and assistance for student teaching labs
Aston® for Yoga Certification (for Yoga Instructors)
The program: 11 days and evaluation (in one phase)
Aston for Yoga will help integrate the wisdom of Aston-Patterning® movement concepts into your Yoga practice. It will give you new tools to explore healthy movement and proper alignment to your students. The Aston technique will help you find ways to use the body naturally with less effort while still achieving tone and flexibility with the intention of each asana.
Aston for Yoga learning objectives:
- Learning principles of alignment unique to each of us
- Learning spatial pathways to sequence transitions
- Learning how to recycle forces of gravity and ground reaction
- Learning to use spiraling movements
“Aston-Patterning deepens my practice of Yoga by providing new ways to approach each asana. Three guiding principles are especially helpful: finding my best neutral, recycling gravity and ground reaction force, and using cooperative motion. These and other Aston concepts have given me tools to customize Yoga so that it is more appropriate for my body and spirit.
These guiding principles are also valuable for me as a Yoga teacher. I am able to customize Yoga asanas not only for myself, but also for my students. This higher level of instruction is possible thanks to the assessment skills and the problem-solving framework I learned from Aston-Patterning.” — Eve Chenu Aston-Patterning® Practitioner Austin, Texas, USA
These will be one-day or two-day workshops, to be scheduled throughout the year. They will be an introduction to the Aston concepts into one's daily and professional life.
You will learn:
- To save your body from injury
- Increase your body ease and enhance your effectiveness
- To identify principles of efficient standing posture and motion
- To make each body technique more powerful
- Maintain an awareness of these movement principles during your sessions and daily activities