When we think about toning the pelvic floor, many of us who don't have an immediate problem usually feel that this isn't an important or relevant topic. New mothers or aging women express interest in toning the pelvic floor because of problems they are having with incontinence.
- Poor posture compressing lower organs
- From previous injuries
- From changes in hormone levels
Pelvic floor health is relevant for everyone, men and women. But if we aren't experiencing any symptoms, why should we have good tone in the pelvic floor?
- It supports organs from prolapsing. The pelvic floor acts like a bowl for many internal organs and because of this, it’s important to keep it healthy.
- Good tone in the pelvic floor can actually lift organs back to their normal position.
- Proper tone and placement can determine the healthy function of bladder, prostate, uterus, digestive tract and elimination muscles.
- Healthier sexual function.
Whether your interest is preventative or symptomatic, we have a Pelvic Floor Exercise video for you to begin your journey to better pelvic floor health!